We all know macaroni and cheese, as they are a very popular Italian recipe. But have you ever heard about macaroni with tuna? They are an exquisite and nutritious preparation that will make you repeat. Take note! We give you the recipe step by step.
Macaroni is a type of pasta made from wheat flour, water and egg, in the form of an elongated tube, also known as feathers. It is said that they were taken to Italy by Marco Polo in 1292 after he returned from his trip to China. Today, many cuisines worldwide have adapted the recipe according to their customs. Some combine this dish with meat, chicken or fish, while others use vegetables or veggies.
Now, this time we will take tuna as the main ingredient, which is a food highly recommended by nutritionists because of its benefits for our health. So that you know a little more about its properties we will tell you that:
- This type of fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, ideal for heart health.
- It contains only 200 calories per 100 g, so if you are on a diet, you will find the perfect food to lose those extra kilos.
- It provides essential minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, iron and iodine, which improve hemoglobin levels and regulate the thyroid gland.
- It contains vitamins A, B and D, which help us process fats, lower LDL cholesterol levels and regulate blood sugar.
It’s time for you to learn this new homemade recipe of macaroni with tuna. You can enjoy it with your whole family and prepare it whenever you want.
Recipe of macaroni with tuna
Despite what you believe, we take into account those people who for various reasons can not get home and prepare something elaborate. Therefore, this recipe is easy to prepare and, if you can not get fresh tuna, you can do it with canned tuna, although it will have to be natural. You can also use the gratin in this recipe. If you do not have an oven, you can use a kitchen torch or microwave.
- 2 cups of macaroni (220 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 tin of tuna or 2 cups of fresh tuna (240 g)
- 2 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olives (15 g)
- ½ spoonful of saffron or coloring (8 g)
- 1/2 can of fried tomato (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- ½ tablespoon of pepper (8 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- The first thing you should do is to have all the ingredients and utensils that you will need at hand. Remember that if you are organized you will get a better recipe.
- Then, cut the onions and the red pepper into very small pieces .
- Next, place a pan over medium heat with a little olive oil and sauté the already cut vegetables until golden brown.
- Crush the garlic in a mortar and add it to the pan. Stir until the ingredients are soft.
- Next, you should cut the natural tomatoes and toss them in the pan, stirring every so often so they do not stick. You must wait until they fall apart .
- Then, add the fried tomato can, pepper and mix again.
- Pour the tuna can and the olives into the mixture. Remember that if you have oil you have to remove it, just like with the bones of the olives. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- At the same time, place a pot to boil with water, salt, olive oil and a little saffron or coloring (optional).
- When the water boils, pour the macaroni, stir and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove when they are al dente, drain and let cool a little.
- Almost to finish, pour the pasta into a pot and add the sauce and stir a little. Finally, take the oven or microwave for 2 minutes to grill , serve on plates and enjoy your macaroni with tuna.